The 15 Best Grinders That’ll Prevent You From Ruining Your Good Weed
There’s no sense in holding onto a crummy grinder when there are plenty of better options out there.
Sans a decent grinder, you might as well chop an entire gram in two, stuff one half as is into a rolling paper, and throw the other half into the garbage. Good grinder blades will seamlessly cut through your dry herb, sifting out the bad chunks and preserving the extra-potent pollen. They’ll create a little mound of fine, fluffy weed to roll, vape, or hell, bake into a cake. No dirty smoke, no lost product, not a bit of that eighth wasted.
You can seriously invest in this kind of accessory if you want, but you can also find some solid, inexpensive options. These 15 weed grinders—many of them with four pieces to grind bud, sift pollen, and store the results properly—each have their own strengths. One ought to suit your cannabis-consuming ways. And we’ll take the opportunity now to pair this guide with an always-timely reminder to smoke responsibly. We don’t mean legally (we’re no sticklers for the word of the law when that law itself is outdated and discriminatory). We mean, choose to support grassroots legalization and social justice efforts in the cannabis industry, and buy from dispensaries owned by minorities and companies that give back to communities when possible. Now, onto the grinders.
Just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean it’s crap. This zinc alloy grinder comes with five pieces—including two mesh screens to sift pollen from your weed, and a little scraper to use for the catch tray so not a speck is wasted—with sharp teeth and a magnetic seal. If it seems too large, then remove a mesh screen to shorten it.
Only 1.5 inches across, this grinder is an inexpensive and downright tiny means of readying cannabis bud to smoke. It’s not what we’d call “heavy-duty,” but it’s a decent grinder to have for traveling, in addition to a sturdier grinder for regular, at-home use.
The Kingtop grinder is nearly as big as the palm of your hand, great for when you have a considerable amount of bud and don’t need to be discrete. Its four pieces include a magnetically sealed cap, a grinder, a mesh screen, and a catch tray—a big one, at that—and its 45 teeth ensure smooth grinding.
Mendo Mulcher makes some tough grinders—all out of solid, aircraft-grade aluminum—but this one might be the most useful. At only 1.75 inches across, it’s best for travel, and its extra-grippy construction ensures you won’t slip up while using it despite its small size. With only two pieces, you’re short a mesh filter. But it does have a cool, hardware quality to it.
This grinder has a lotta happy customers. Makes sense. It grinds weed evenly and with precision, it’s built like a tank, it has a mesh screen and strong magnetic seal, and it hovers around 20 bucks. It’s a workhorse, built from materials that’ll keep it gliding through many a grind.
For a more tactile option, get Aerospaced’s grinder. The hand crank operates a set of blades, which chop up weed and filter it through a mesh screen. The clear lid allows you to monitor the entire operation.
If you’d call your personal style minimalist and refined, then here’s a grinder to match it. Made from aluminum alloy and unmarked with labels and logos, it is an accessory worthy of a high-class vape and top-grade flower.
Magic Flight’s grinder is part of its wooden Launch Box vape kit, fitting snugly over the opening of the vape so you can transfer freshly ground bud without a mess. If you’re looking for a beautifully carved, non-aluminum grinder (the grate is made from stainless steel) that’s part of a matched set—hell of a flex, right?—opt for this.
Phoenician medical-grade grinders get you a medium sheer on your weed—not too fine or too chunky. But more importantly, their grippy sides and deep bowls are intended to help users with arthritis (or folks with clumsy hands).
The Tectonic9 leans to the Inspector Gadget side of things. You put the weed into the chamber and grind it up, standard procedure. But accessing it is what is pretty damn nifty: That silver dispenser flips up from underneath the grinder and fits over a hole (which you manually open and close). Tip, and freshly ground herb neatly falls out.
The Pillar wasn’t built to be shoved in a junk drawer or lost under the couch. It glimmers, it is gold. Or rather, brushed brass. It’s a statement grinder if we’ve ever seen one. Besides aluminum grinding teeth and a scraper, the catch compartment is impressively spacious.
You get into spoil-yourself territory with the Santa Cruz Schredder. Known for its unique tooth design, it churns out perfectly ground, fluffy weed into a canister sealed with extra-strong magnets. You buy it once, then never have to worry about buying a grinder again.
Kannastör’s grinder is a mix-and-match marvel with extra storage options, two removable screens, and the option to break it down into a more portable size. Better yet, it comes with two interchangeable graters (hence the name) plates so you can pick your coarseness—fine or medium. Made with hardened aluminum in a matte design that looks real nice, it’ll last you.
Instead of aluminum or zinc alloy like most cheaper grinders, Iaso’s grinder is constructed out of stainless steel. That means the canister and its teeth will stay strong. Iaso also uses a special labyrinth seal design intended to prevent annoying binding or sticking. It’s a luxe option for sure.
Here’s where things get wild: an electric grinder. Eliminate user error altogether. The Otto automatically adjusts to the herb, sensing exactly what grind is required for the best results. Then, it funnels what it grinds directly into a paper cone for easy rolling (you can skip this step). Of course, then you’re stuck with machine error—charging, storage, maintenance, all that. Nevertheless, it’s a cool toy.
These 15 best weed grinders—most of them with four pieces to grind marijuana bud, sift pollen, and store the results—are available online and fit any budget.
Grinder Guide & Review:
Want to get the best results from vaping with a vape pen? Whether you’re using a desktop vaporizer, a portable vaporizer, or a dry herb vaporizer pen, you’ll get the most vapor, the best taste, and superior vapor quality when you use a herb grinder, or herb crusher to grind your herbs into smaller pieces prior to filling your dry herb vaporizer. Herb grinders break herbs down, increasing the surface area of the herbs to allow for optimal vaporization.
Because herb grinders greatly improve the vape experience, you’ll find a wide assortment for sale online and in vape shops. This means you have plenty of options, but it can also make it difficult to know which one is truly the best grinder for your vaping needs. To help you focus your search on the best herb grinders, here’s a quick guide on what to look for as you compare different models.
Manual vs Electric Herb Grinder Options
The first thing that you’ll need to decide when you’re looking for the best herb grinders is whether you want an electric herb grinder or a manual herb grinder. Electric grinders are great time-saving devices, and spare you the hassle of having to manually crush the herbs; however, most people who are experienced with vaporizers find that electric herb grinders do not evenly grind herbs, and can contribute to poor vapor quality. Still, you might prefer an electric herb grinder if you have arthritis or another medical problem that makes it difficult for you to grip or twist objects.
Number of Parts in Manual Herb Grinders:
A herb grinder can have two, three, four, or five pieces, depending on its design. Each type offers different benefits as follows:
– 2 piece Grinder – features a top portion where the herbs are placed and a bottom portion that grinds the herbs. The 2 piece grinder is a popular choice, particularly among those looking for cheap grinders.
– 3 piece Grinder – includes an extra piece and separates larger herb pieces from smaller herb pieces as you grind.
– 4 piece Grinder – has an extra compartment that holds pollen or kief. Sometimes, this type is referred to as a grinder with kief catcher. The 4 piece herb grinder is one of the most popular types of herb grinders for sale on the market today.
– 5 piece Grinder – has a final compartment that captures the finest particles of pollen. The 5 piece grinder is not common, and only offered by a small number of manufacturers.
Comparing Herb Grinder Materials
Once you have decided whether a 2, 3, 4, or 5-piece herb grinder is the right option for your needs, you’re ready to consider the materials from which an herb grinder is made. Here are the most common types of materials used in dry herb grinders, and some of their benefits and drawbacks:
– Titanium Grinder – A titanium metal grinder will be more expensive than other herb grinders; however, choosing one of these top of the line models has its benefits. Titanium is incredibly strong, and is capable of grinding herbs very finely. It is also scratch-resistant, and less likely to break than other types of grinders. Making an investment in a titanium grinder could provide cost savings over time, as you may need to replace cheap herb grinders several times, whereas a titanium grinder can last for years.
– Wood Grinder – A wood grinder can perform well, and produce evenly ground herbs that vaporize well. If you’re considering a wooden grinder, it’s important to look for one with a nontoxic finish to avoid contaminating your herbs with chemicals. Another drawback to a wooden herb grinder is that it is more fragile, and may not last as long as other types of grinders.
– Aluminum Grinder – An aluminum herb grinder allows you to get the strength and durability benefits of metal, while still being able to purchase a relatively cheap grinder. Aluminum is very light in weight, so even a large herb grinder made out of the material will be easy to carry. According to herb grinder reviews and sales statistics, aluminum herb grinder models are the most popular type of herb grinder among vape enthusiasts.
– Acrylic Grinder – An acrylic or plastic grinder is the cheapest type of herb grinder. These grinders typically do not last as long as other types; however, they may be adequate if you don’t vape often, or only vape herbs occasionally, and tend to prefer e juice, e liquid, or wax for daily use. If you choose to purchase a plastic herb grinder, look for one that does not contain potentially toxic additives like BPA or phthalates.
As you consider the many herb grinders for sale on the market today, you’ll want to keep your budget, your lifestyle, your vaping habits, and your personal preferences in mind. There is no single best grinder that will be ideal for everyone. Only by weighing your preferences, and comparing the features of the herb grinders on the market today can you find truly the best grinder for your needs. If you’d like additional information, or require shopping assistance, don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team. We’ll be glad to help you find the best grinder for your vaping needs.
Want to get the best results from your vaporizer? To help you find the best Dry Herb Grinder, here’s a quick guide on what to look for as you shop for grinder!