Watch: Can Cannabis Be A Healthy Part Of Weight Training?
Artemus Dolgin is a successful bodybuilder and the face of the Golden Aesthetics brand. He recently published a video explaining how cannabis use is a regular part of his routine, and doesn’t detract from his bodybuilding priorities.
A few key take-aways from the video:
- Dolgin’s research has led him to the conclusion that cannabis use does not significantly impact testosterone levels in the body.
- When Dolgin gets the munchies he sticks to protein-rich foods like steak, chicken, or fish, and not sweets that might negatively impact his bodybuilding.
- In order to stay energetic, focused, and creative, Dolgin sticks to smoking sativa. Indica he says is “heavy” and can make one slower and sleepier.
- Dolgin usually smokes before he trains, and very rarely afterwards.
- He doesn’t smoke every day. It’s important to him that cannabis not become a habit.
- As for a method of ingestion, vaping is recommended. Dolgin stays away from edibles because of his strict diet, and also because he prefers the high from smoking cannabis. He also recommends blunts over joints.
Which Cannabis Strain is Perfect for You? Take this Quiz to Find Out
There are so many strains of marijuana available it can be nearly impossible to figure out which one is right for you. And sure, a knowledgeable budtender could point you in the right direction, but we think we’ve figured out a better method for choosing a marijuana strain. Take our quiz below to find out which cannabis strain is your true soulmate.
Professional bodybuilder Artemus Dolgin explains how he uses cannabis in his training routine. He discusses frequency, methods of ingestion, and why cannabis doesn't significantly affect testosterone levels.