Tips for The Perfect Cold Start Dab
At the 2018 Boston Freedom Rally, Now This made a video with journalist Bobby Nuggz where he demonstrated a new method of dabbing called the Cold Start Dab. Very few people in the community were doing it, but Nuggz felt it would revolutionize the way we vaporize concentrates. As it goes, that video started a trend within the dabbing community and now everyone wants to know more about Cold Start Dabs.
A Cold Start Dab is when you load your concentrate into your banger first, and then heat it up, reverse from the normal order. I know, I know , but there is a reason behind it. This way of dabbing gives incredibly flavorful hits due to the low temperature the concentrates are vaporized at, letting you taste the range of terpenes in the flower. Now low-temperature dabs are nothing new in the community, but Cold Dabbing is done so to not overheat and “chazz” the nail. Not only is it more flavorful, but it’s less harsh on the lungs than high heat and huge vape clouds.
What Is a Reverse Dab?
In the NowThis video, Nuggz, whose real name is Robert Divincenzo, also referred to it as reverse dabbing, but has since stopped using that terminology in favor of the community given name of Cold Start Tech. Without any further explanation, here’s a rundown of how to take a Cold Start Dab and a few tips for Cold Start Dabbing.
- You need to start with a clean, room-temperature banger – this is imperative as you don’t want to heat any caked on residual wax. A lot of dabbers prefer to use quartz.
- Pre-load your concentrated into the rig and place your carb cap on top. Many enthusiasts recommend a bubble cap or directional cap. This will create a heat whirlwind inside the banger trough.
- Now direct your torch to the nail, but keep the flame a few inches away so as not to burn the concentrate. You should start to see the wax begin to bubble and vaporize in about 10 seconds.
- Once you see the vaporization, remove your torch and rotate your carb cap to direction the flow of smoke.
- Inhale and taste your yummy dabs.
That’s all there is to Cold Start Dabs. A lot of smokers are really taking to this new method due to the time saved in preparing. It’s 2-3x faster, but you have to keep your materials clean or this won’t be a pleasant experience. This is all about getting the most complete flavor profile from your concentrate. Next time you go for a solo dab, think about trying this new technique and let us know what you think about it.A Cold Start Dab is when you load your concentrate onto your nail first, cap it, and then heat it. It goes against the traditional way of dabbing, but this dabbing process gives incredibly flavorful hits due to the low temperature the concentrates are vaporized at, letting you taste the range of terpenes in the flower. ]]>