Advise for beginners
HOW TO SMOKE A PIPE
Advises for beginners and pipe lovers
How to recognize some true pipe smokers? They care taken in maintaining their pipe clean. For this, a few tools are requested : a pipe tamper, a pipe-reamer (or a pipe-tool with reamer, tamper and pick all in one) and pipe cleaners. Besides, we advise storing your tobacco in a leather tobacco pouch or hermetic tobacco jar. Chacom smoking pipes accessories are specially recommended by our master pipe makers for optimal maintenance.
HOW TO BREAK IN YOUR PIPE ?
To smoke a new Chacom pipe in good conditions, you must protect the chamber from the heat with a thin and uniform layer of carbon. It is a crucial step in making a sweet tasting and long lasting pipe. In order to be efficient, the protective layer (or cake) must be even from the bottom to the top. Therefore, you must not fill in the chamber entirely from the beginning. We suggest you fill one half of the bowl for the three first pipes. Then, gradually increase the quantity of tobacco until you are filling the pipe completely
Never smoke a new pipe more than twice a day and never use alcohol or other liquids to break in it : it damages the briarwood.
HOW TO PACK A PIPE ?
• Always use a cold and clean pipe (a clean pipe is the best way to enjoy the aroma of your tobacco!).
• Choose a tobacco that is neither too dry (it generates tongue bite and can burn the pipe), or too moist (it causes a strong salivation and the pipe can generally gurgle).
• Fill the chamber slowly by bites to the top. Then pack with a pipe tamper firmly without forcing. Try to puff your pipe. If you feel that the packing is too tight or the hole is blocked, empty the tobacco and try again.
HOW TO LIGHT A PIPE ?
Use a wooden match or a pipe lighter to avoid burning the outside of the chamber. Light the entire surface of the tobacco with a circular movement while sucking, then, as the tobacco rises, compact it to the top of the chamber and relight if necessary. Don’t worry too much about relights. With the passing time, you will relight less and less. Last advice: before relighting a half-smoked pipe, you must empty the ashes, pack the remaining tobacco, but never relight a smoking pipe that has already cooled down.
HOW TO SMOKE A PIPE ?
Puff your pipe slowly and steadily to get a soft smoke without heating the pipe. Do not swallow the smoke and make go down the lungs. Keep it in your mouth. The tobacco must be packed regularly to maintain a moderate puff and prevent the pipe from gurgling. Smoke the pipe until the last bit of tobacco. An average pipe usually lasts 40 minutes (the world record in slow smoking is more than three hours!). If your pipe gets blocked, let it cool down and take another one.
RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR PIPE
from the first puff to the last.
HOW TO PREVENT TONGUE BITE ?
Your tobacco is probably too moist or too… dry. You may be smoking too fast or you use a poor-quality tobacco. In any of this case, your tongue is killing you ! Put the pipe down and try again later.
LET YOUR PIPE COOL DOWN AFTER SMOKING
The extinct tobacco pipe must immediately be emptied. If there are some moist tobacco bites, remove it immediately with the pipe cleaner to avoid a bad smell. Gently tap your pipe on the palm of your hand or on a pipe ashtray (with a cork knocker) to remove the ashes and tobacco. Never tap your pipe on a hard stuff that could create damages on the briarwood or even break the shank or the stem. Then, rest the pipe on a pipe stand for a day or as many days as your pipe rotation will allow before smoking again.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR PIPE ?
A clean pip e always smells good. For this, it is necessary to regularly check it, in other words:
• Open your pipe by holding both parts near their point of assembly and turning clockwise, as if screwed. Do the same gesture when putting the stem back.
• Always let your pipe cool down before maintenance. You might damage the shank while opening a hot pipe.
• Wash the system if necessary with a small quantity of alcohol.
• Feed a pipe cleaner through the stem and shank. Use a soft cloth to polish up your pipe. Keep and use the pouch that you obtained with the purchase to ensure your pipe looks good.
• Carbon layer: as wood contracts hot faster than carbon, a pipe with an excessive deposit can crack. Even if the layer is too weak, the pipe heats up and generates the carbonization of wood. The thickness of the carbon layer must measure between 1 and 2 mm depending on the size of the chamber. If the carbon layer gets too thick, remove the superfluous with a pipe reamer that you can find in the Chacom pipe-tool, specially designed to avoid the risks of drilling the chamber.
ANATOMY OF THE PIPES THE FILTERS
Your concerns are our priority. Responsiveness.
Clear communication. Organization. And expert services.
All done with humility and thankfulness.
Plumbing Was Expensive and Stressful. It’s Simple Now
About Fine Pipes Plumbing
Founded in 2018 by Kye Bowman, FinePipes is built on two generations of plumbing experience and exists to set new standards for the industry in Lethbridge. It is our commitment to ensure the finest experience for families – from start to finish. We do this by fostering long term relationships, tracking your home’s needs for you with regular follow-up, and delivering consistent expertise in our workmanship.
Our Business Values
We Believe in Supporting Family
We Believe in Building Community
We Believe in Treating Others The Way We’d Like To Be Treated Everyday
Why Choose Fine Pipes?
WE PUT TRUST FIRST
We know you want the job done right the first time. That’s why all our technicians are Red Seal certified and each have at least Ten-Thousand hours of industry experience. That way, you can be sure you’ve broght an expert you can trust onto your team.
We keep your house feeling like home. Whether it’s easier to call in or fill out a contact form below, we aim to simplify your life and eliminate the distractions and stress that come with maintaining home plumbing.
No Worries, Guaranteed
Our guarantee was built for real life. We know things happen and life can be messy. Don’t worry about it. Every plumbing project we finish comes guaranteed for the first year. When we supply it, we stand by it.
Contact Us Today
Have an upcoming project? Let’s set up a time to come by.
In Lethbridge we know that when you search for “plumbers near me” there are lots of options. So how does one choose which is the best plumber to contact? Sure you might think the plumber with the highest ratings or most reviews is the best choice, but you should know that some plumbers pay strangers to submit ratings and reviews. Instead, hire a firm like Fine Pipes – one who is based in Lethbridge. We are your local Lethbridge plumbers. We also feel that we truly have the best plumbers in the area. Before hiring a plumber just because they have the most reviews, contact us to find out how we can help you. We are confident that you will not be disappointed. Because to us service and customer satisfation are the most important factors in finding the best plumber in Lethbridge.Fine Pipes is a professional plumber in Lethbridge Alberta offering all residential plumbing services and commercial plumbing services to that area. ]]>