How to make a banana cannabis pipe: a step-by-step guide
Aside from being plentiful and nutritious, the common banana is an excellent material for building a pipe in a pinch
Louis Hansel @shotsoflouis / Unsplash
We can all agree that bananas are a healthy, natural food source. What you may not know is that a banana can also make for an excellent impromptu cannabis pipe.
Of course, there are dozens of ways to make a pipe when you don’t have a regular one, but using a banana is one of the most convenient. They’re plentiful, all-natural, biodegradable, and easy to convert. It’s also quite fun and entertaining to turn a banana into a cannabis pipe.
Below you’ll find a complete step-by-step guide on making your own banana pipe. Let’s start with the required materials.
- To start, cut off an inch or so from the end of the banana (opposite the stem). Make sure to do this in one clean, even stroke.
- Slice the tip off of this separate piece. Get rid of the tip.
- Take the remaining piece and scoop out the innards. This will serve as your bowl. Set this piece aside for now.
- Starting from the sliced end, push your pen or straw through the core of the banana, tunnelling along its length. This hole should run about halfway along the banana’s core.
- Use the pen or straw to make a second hole, this time in the side of the banana, at the midpoint where the tunnel in the core ends. This new, perpendicular hole is where the bowl (the hollowed-out piece from steps 1 to 3) will sit. Blow through the new hole. If air comes out the sliced end of the banana, you’re good to go.
- Suck any excess banana material out of these airways. If you don’t get rid of this excess, smoke may get really thick when you try to use the pipe. The pipe may also get clogged.
- Use the knife or scissors to enlarge the hole in the side, so that the bowl (from Step 3) fits properly. It should fit snugly; otherwise, the pipe won’t work.
- Grind up your preferred strain of cannabis.
- Place the weed in the bowl.
- Light the weed and inhale through the hole at the sliced end of the banana. The smoke should be sweet and smooth. When you’re done, you can either eat the banana or dispose of it.
Many people use banana pipes because regular pipes are illegal where they live. Bananas are not illegal anywhere (as far as we’re aware). Keep in mind, however, that we are in no way advocating illegal cannabis use. Cannabis laws differ across countries and regions, so be sure to brush up on the laws that apply to you. If you decide to consume cannabis against local laws, we bear no responsibility. Follow this guide at your own risk!
People also use banana pipes because they’re obviously cheaper than a standard pipe. And you can find bananas literally anywhere.
If you don’t like the taste of banana, try using a different fruit or vegetable. The process is the same. Use an apple or a cucumber or even a potato. Master the ability to make a cannabis pipe out of any food product and you’ll conquer the world! Just kidding, you won’t conquer the world, but you’ll have a lot of smoking options!
Now that you can make your own banana pipe, you have one hell of a party trick up your sleeve. Feel free to leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts. And remember to share this article with your friends.Why eat bananas when they can be turned into a cannabis pipe? With this in depth guide you’ll be making your own banana pipes in no time. ]]>