What Are Rose Blunts and How Do You Roll Them?
Sniffing the aromatic scent of ganja may be one of life’s best little pleasures. If you add the light floral scent of a rose? Cannabis flowers have never smelled sweeter, since @simple_sasha tweeted a quick video tutorial demonstrating how to roll a rose blunt. Similar to flavored tobacco, a rose petal blunt amplifies the herbaceous taste of the product. It’s a deep red or purple, depending on which color flower you pick petals from, classing up your smoking act quite a few levels. But what’s the step-by-step process for rolling a rose blunt? And are there any cons to smoking rose petals?
How to Roll a Rose Blunt
- Grab some rose petals and an oven-safe pan.
- Line three petals on the pan, overlapping them.
- Set oven to broil, and put the pan in for ten seconds. The flower petals should appear a darker color after they are removed.
- Lick the bottom of the flower petal to make it sticky, and then arrange them into an overlapping row.
- Put it back on that same pan. Set your oven to broil once again, heating the petals once more for ten seconds.
- After taking it out of the oven, let the petal papers rest for about two minutes. This resting period will help them to firm up, while still allowing them to be malleable for rolling purposes.
- Grind up your bud super fine, and place it into the middle of your homemade rose petal papers.
- Begin rolling it very tight, starting at the spot on the papers where the bottom of the petals are. It should roll exactly like a blunt and be thin, looking somewhat like a Backwoods. Keep in mind that tucking may serve as the best technique to keep the roll tight and the weed safely inside.
- Though the petals should already stick together to seal up the rose petal blunt, place it once again on the pan. Put that oven back on broil, and place the pan on the bottom shelf for ten more seconds.
- Let your rose blunt masterpiece set for about two minutes. Though the smell and look of the finished product may be tantalizing, be patient. It’s worth the wait, and skipping this step may make the rose petal blunt not smoke as well as you’d like.
- Light ‘er up. Enjoy some needed aromatherapy.
The Pros of Rose Petal Blunts
With elegance, the rose petal blunt offers a swankier, more feminine take on the blunt. The petals offer a softer taste than a regular blunt, giving off the same aromatics as an herbal potpourri. Like other smokable herb blends that combine flower petals like rose and sage smoked by those who want to smoke in social settings but not consume tobacco, a rose blunt offers the safety of smoking something natural. Cutting out the companies that make rolling papers coated with harmful chemicals, rolling your own rose blunt gives you the security of knowing where all the ingredients have come from. After all, blunts are arguably one of the least safe ways to get high because of their tobacco content and because of how blunt wrappers are chemically treated.
Instead, try substituting a rose blunt for a regular blunt. Not only is the rose a known mood enhancer, but it also may serve to help insomnia or fatigue, especially if added to some powerful indica. Try different colors for a rainbow of rose petal blunt options. Perhaps a friend has an upcoming birthday? Forget that bouquet of regular roses—a rose blunt bouquet gives your pal everything they need and more. And bonus! You get to keep the extra petals from the flowers you buy for yourself now that you know how to roll a rose blunt.
The Cons of Rose Petal Blunts
Unfortunately, not everything can be 100% safe. Smoking anything can be harmful to the lungs. Not to mention, plants are often grown with toxic chemicals that only serve to cause other complications if ingested or inhaled into the human body. For this reason, when rolling up a rose petal blunt, try to use organic flowers or ones that have not been treated with pesticides or chemicals.
That way, when lighting up you’re taking in only natural substances– all flowers, after all!
Is the Rose Blunt the Best New Way to Smoke?
Reasonably, the internet went abuzz after @simple_sasha tweeted her video on how to roll a rose blunt. Everyone kicked themselves, wondering why something so brilliant and easy had not been documented before. But now that the secret’s out, the benefits of the rose blunt seem more and more promising. The health-conscious pothead can now rejoice, rolling up her green with the confidence that she’s only putting flowers into her well-maintained body.
So pinkies up, swank smoker. Enjoy those rose petal blunts.
Treat yourself with a nice rose petal blunt!