K-Vape Micro DX Review:
If you’re looking for a vaporizer for vaping herbs, you want to make sure that you’re actually vaping and not burning your herbs. Many dry herb models tend to cause combustion, so you’re not really vaping when you use one of these herbal models. That doesn’t mean that you have to resort to using a bulky desktop vaporizer, or a large portable vaporizer to get a true vaping experience. The KandyPens K-Vape Micro DX gives you the convenience of a vaporizer pen with the performance of a portable, making it a great dry herb model for many users. Read on to learn more about its benefits.
- No risk of combustion
- Smaller than other portables
- Excellent vapor potency and good smoothness
- Above average flavor
- Precise temperature controls with OLED display
- Simple to use and load
- Long battery life
- Plastic mouthpiece affects taste
- Not as compact as a vape pen
- Vapor takes time to get thick
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
In-Depth of the K-Vape Micro-DX
– Price – The KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX hand sells for around $200, so it’s more expensive than most similar models, but about average price compared to most portables. When you consider its unique features, the unit is well worth the cost compared to that of a vape pen for herbs.
– Vapor Quality – With the K-Vape Micro-DX, you can produce good sized clouds of vapor that are extremely potent. While the vapor is smooth, the plastic mouthpiece on this vape can diminish the taste slightly. This unit uses True Convection technology to heat up herbs, so there is no risk of combustion. As a result, you won’t end up with that burned taste that is all too common with herbal models.
– Guarantee – The K-Vape Micro-DX has a lifetime limited warranty, something that is very uncommon among portable vaporizers and vape pens.
– Prep Time – Very easy to load, the K-Vape Micro-DX gets hot very quickly, so you’ll be vaping within a minute. For best results, make sure that you grind your herbs finely prior to use. It can take a little time for thick vapor production to begin, even after the vape reaches working temperature, but this is to be expected from a convection vape.
– Portability – While the K-Vape Micro-DX is larger than a typical model for dry herbs, this device is still a pocket vaporizer. It’s no bigger or heavier than an iPhone. Because it is a little larger than a vape pen, though, it is a little more conspicuous and less compact.
– Ease of Use – The K-Vape Micro-DX is very simple to use and has very little draw resistance. There are plus and minus buttons for setting the temperature and a digital display; however, the screen may be a little small for some users.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – You can set the temperature of the K-Vape Micro-DX to the precise level that you wish from 350 to 430 degrees Fahrenheit. The convection technology allows the vape to remain at a steady temperature throughout a session.
– Power Supply – On a single charge, the KandyPens Micro-DX can be used for 3 to 4 hours. Recharging is easy with the included micro USB cable.
If you’re looking for a small vaporizer, that can hold its own as one of the best dry herbal models on the market, the KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX is one of the top units to choose. You can learn more about this unique device on its product page, as seen above.
KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX Review: a dry herb vaporizer is fun, or problematic? Learn the Pros & Cons of this portable vaporizer
KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX
Unfortunately, the KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX has been discontinued. We recommend the following three devices in its place.
- Micro-Digital Portable Vaporizer
- True Convection Technology™
- No Combustion
- Digital OLED Display
- Large Anodized Aluminum Chamber (.5 gram capacity)
- 350-430 degree Temp Control (over 80 settings)
- 5 Click On/Off Safety Feature
- Smart Memory Technology™ (remembers your last temp setting)
- 3-4 Hour Battery Life
- 5 Minute Shutoff (Safety Feature)
- Micro USB Charging Port
- Black Matte Finish
- Only 27mm in Width, 130mm Tall
- BPA Free
Authorized Reseller – Lifetime Warranty (with manufacturer)
KandyPens is a reputable company that operates out of Santa Barbara, California. The company has been manufacturing vaporizers like the Sky Cloud for a number of years. KandyPens has put out a number of popular vaporizers compatible with both concentrates and dry herbs. Their other pens, the other K-Vapes included, are also affordable and highly functional. This vape changes the game because it is digital, affordable and functional.
The KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX includes all of the usual high quality functionality of all KandyPens creations along with some other fun features. With this pen you’re able to set the temperature to almost 80 settings with just one button controlled by a digital screen. The K-Vape is also so easy to use, fit for a beginner or an expert. Even though it offers all of these great features it isn’t a flashy vaporizer, just a sturdy piece of machinery. This pen is a well-built vaporizer with easy to use features that work well for a long lifespan.
Body & Design
The KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX comes in a black matte finish, BPA free plastic body with a digital OLED display and power button system located on the front of the unit. The piece is wrapped in rubber to maintain a cool to the touch vaping session. You’ll see a power button, a plus button and a minus button on the front of the unit. The entire portable vaporizer measures at 130mm x 27mm, great to fit in a back, backpack or even jacket pocket. The power button features a 5-click lock system to ensure that it won’t turn on if it’s fumbling around in your bag. Also, the vaporizer has been designed with Smart Memory Technology that actually remembers the last temperature that you vaped at after you’ve powered down your K-Vape-Micro for the next time you turn on the unit. It’s truly an intelligent piece of machinery at an affordable price.
KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX uses a 3.7 v 2200mAh lithium ion battery to power the true convection technology. It charges through a mini USB port that plugs into the bottom of the portable vaporizer. There is an indicator on the left side of the digital screen that lets you know the exact lifespan of the battery. You will get a full charge with just 2 hours of charging. If you are vaping on a full charge you will receive approximately 3-4 hour of continuous use. Their safety feature turns off the unit after 5 minutes, which not only keeps you from burning your house down but also maintains battery life.
True Convection Technology is the big buzzword for this vaporizer model. Convection style heating chambers are the only way to truly vaporize dry flowers, no heat is applied directly to the loose herbs. The large anodized aluminum heating chamber has 3 holes in the bottom for the heated air to run through when pulled, delivering a thick vapor.
The temperature is controlled by a digital read out screen and can be chosen with the arrow buttons located on the front of the unit. Set any temperature between 350 and 420 degrees Fahrenheit by the degree, a wonderful aspect of this portable vaporizer.
Portability & Discretion
These vaporizers give off very little to no smell when being used, which is perfect for a discreet vape. However they definitely look just like a vaporizer so they won’t pass as a different object. Don’t expect 100% discretion from this vape but it does the job pretty well. At 130mm it is also a very portable piece. It can fit easily in a bag or backpack, although not really a great choice to put in your pocket due to the size.
Quality of Vapor
Prepare to taste all of the flavor of your loose herbs due to the True Convection Technology of the KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX. There is absolutely no burning taste like with other dry herb vaporizers, especially if you stir the bowl midway through sessions. The temperature settings also help to personalize the vaporizer experience. The best vapor is experienced when you start at a lower temperature and work up to a higher one. Different herbs are vaporized at different temperatures and this vaporizer allows you to hit all of them. When vaporizing at the lowest level the vapor will only be warm but at the highest level the vapor will definitely be hot.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Regular maintenance and cleaning of a vaporizer will help to extend it’s lifespan. First step to properly cleaning the piece is to let it completely cool after session before even attempting to clean. Use the brush provided in the Micro-DX kit to brush away any dry herb residue that may be trapped in the chamber. Apply alcohol to a cotton swab or a pad and then wipe down the heating chamber, this will remove any resin that has built up from the vaped dried herbs. Now apply a dried cotton swab to the chamber to wipe any excess resin or alcohol. Next you just run one cycle with a completely empty chamber to make sure that you don’t vape any residual alcohol.
For properly cleaning the mouthpiece, unscrew the screen holder from the mouthpiece. Soak a pipe cleaner in alcohol and run it through the mouthpiece the remove any resin. Repeat with a dry pipe cleaner to dry. Wipe down screen with cotton pad and alcohol and screw back into the mouthpiece.
The KandyPens K-Vape Micro-DX vape is one of a kind dry herb vaporizer from KandyPens and comes with their usual lifetime warranty.