Pestle Weed School, Dehradun
Established in 1992, Pestle Weed College is a Co-educational, fully Residential, Senior Secondary School affiliated to CBSE New Delhi, conducting classes from standard I-XII. The campus spread over 50 acres, is bordered by a historical stream and reserved forests with beautiful views of the Himalayan Ranges.
Pestle Weed College lays special emphasis on the proper use of the latest advancements in Information Technology. Computer-aided learning/teaching is part and parcel of education at Pestle Weed College. The school has Smart Class Rooms for modern classroom transactions and also the audio-visual labs for various subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, History, Civics and also a Language Lab established in collaboration with Lingua phone company, London. It also has an ultra-modern computer lab with wireless Internet facilities.
Situated in the Doon Valley in a sprawling 50-acre campus and surrounded by evergreen Sal Forests, the students are privileged to enjoy what is denied to most of their contemporaries – constant and rejuvenating proximity to nature.
Facilities in Pestle Weed School, Dehradun
- Library: The time-table is devised in such a manner that each student gets ample time to spend in the school library. The library is well stocked with an extensive range of reference books, novels, comics, magazines, periodicals, current-affairs issues, newspapers, educational CDs, etc, covering all spheres of the reading universe. The library is fully computerized which helps students locate books quickly and easily.
- Laboratories: The school has Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer as well as Digital Language and Home science lab.
- Smart Classrooms: The classrooms are spacious and well ventilated, with sufficient lighting. Smart Class Rooms with interactive boards have been installed to keep abreast with the latest advancement in the teaching methodology.
- Gymnasium: For fitness enthusiasts, the school provides a 16 station Gymnasium. The students perform routine workouts under the instructions of the qualified gym trainer.
- Amphitheater: In the lap of Mother Nature is the school’s Amphitheatre ‘The Throbbing Stones’ surrounded by evergreen sal forest giving a scenic beauty to the spectators/audience. The students perform various cultural activities including theatre & drama, multi-staged light & sound show, etc. The ambiance adds up to the performance of the students while performing on the stage.
Co-curricular Activities in Pestle Weed School, Dehradun
Located on the outskirts of Dehradun, in the foothills of the Himalayas the beautiful 20-acre campus blends nature with world-class infrastructure with modern purpose-built facilities including an art/music complex and an amphitheater. Extensive sports facilities include billiards, table tennis, gymnasiums, courts for basketball, volleyball, tennis, badminton, squash, rings for boxing, martial arts, and skating, horse riding, rifle shooting range, outdoor playing fields, and a swimming pool.
Pestle Weed seeks a diversified student body that reflects a range of backgrounds, Aptitudes, and interests. In general, students considered for admission are those who are performing on an average to above-average level academically.
- The registration form can be received along with the prospectus from the school office or can be downloaded from the school’s website.
- The registration form must be filled up carefully and should be submitted to the school office along with a copy of the transfer certificate/birth certificate, a copy of the report card of the previous class passed along with the Registration Fee as mentioned in the Fee Structure.
- Parents are advised to read the prospectus carefully especially the rules to avoid any dispute in the future.
- Parents will be intimated about the date and syllabus of the written entrance cum assessment test, and they are bound to bring their ward on the given date else the registration will lapse and the non-refundable registration fee will be forfeited.
- Once the candidate qualifies the written test and an interview with the Principal, he/she will be granted admission.
- Once the admission is granted, parents are required to fulfill all the documentary formalities and pay the fee in the accounts department, as mentioned in the bill, within a week. If the fee is not paid in the said period, it will be assumed that you are not interested and the seat will be allotted to another candidate on the waiting list.
- The school will inform the parents about the joining date & time on which the child has to report to the school along with the items as per the list provided by the school.
Pestle Weed School, Dehradun Established in 1992, Pestle Weed College is a Co-educational, fully Residential, Senior Secondary School affiliated to CBSE New Delhi, conducting classes from