Quick Guide to using your Pax 2
Hey! You’re probably on this page because you made the great decision to purchase a Pax 2; a great looking smart vaporizer.
We wanted to ensure that you have the best possible experience so we created this brief guide on how to to get the most out of your Pax 2,
You will have the following pieces included in the box:
- Pax 2 device
- Raised mouthpiece
- Magnetic oven lid
- Magnetic Charger
- 10x Cleaning tools
Charging your Pax 2
The Pax 2 has a unique magnetic charging dock – it snaps right into place as soon as you place the charger near the port on the back of the device.#
You’ll know when your pax has reached a full charge when all four LEDs are light – it should take roughly two hours.
Perform a quick burnoff of the Pax 2’s oven.
Once the battery is fully charged, it is worth performing a quick ‘burn-off’ of the Pax’s oven. Occasionally residue from the manufacturing process can be left in your vaporizer’s oven. This can affect the taste of your first session.
To carry this out, power on the Pax by pressing the power button in the centre of the mouthpiece once.
Leave the Pax 2 oven on for five minutes. Repeat this process once more to complete the burn off process.
Packing your Pax 2
Now our Pax 2 is charged and the burn off is complete, we’re ready to get started!
Remove the magnetic oven cover at the bottom of the Pax. Before placing any herb in the oven, first, ensure you have ground your herbs as finely as possible.
The Pax performs best when your herbs are packed firmly and the oven is at least half full.
Choose your mouthpiece
The Pax 2 can be used with either the flat mouthpiece that is fitted into the device or this can be swapped out for the raised mouthpiece.
The flat mouthpiece is great because it is really discreet however, some prefer the natural feel of the raised mouthpiece.
Powering on your Pax 2
To turn the Pax 2 on, press the power button in the centre of the mouthpiece once – the vaporizer should immediately begin to heat up.
Whilst heating up the LEDs will pulsate with a soft purple colour and turn green when it has reached the set temperature.
Changing the temperature settings of your Pax 2
The Pax 2 has four temperature setting. To adjust the temperature you have to put your Pax into temperature mode.
To do this, when the Pax 2 in turn on, hold the power button until the LEDs turn yellow.
Now you can cycle through the four settings by pressing the power button once. Each LED corresponds to a temperature setting with 1 LED being the coolest temperature and 4 being the hottest.
To set your chosen temperature, hold the power button for an extended period again until the LEDs turn from yellow to purple or green.
- Tips for getting the most out of your brand new dry herb vaporizer.
- How to best clean your vaporizer.
- Choosing the right temperature for your dry herb vaporizer.
We are sure you’ll enjoy your Pax 2!
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Quick Guide to using your Pax 2 Hey! You're probably on this page because you made the great decision to purchase a Pax 2; a great looking smart vaporizer. We wanted to ensure that you have the best possible experience so we created this brief guide on how to to get the most out of your Pax 2, You will have the follo
PAX Lights: What Do They Mean?
The indicator light on every PAX portable vaporizer model serves as a window into how your device functions. Those four little LED petals, arranged in the shape of the PAX logo, will change color, blink, and fade to reflect your device’s mode and status. In this guide, we take you through the colors and functions of the LED indicator on the PAX 2 , PAX 3 , and PAX Era .
Reading the LED indicator on PAX 2 and PAX 3
The LED indicator light on PAX 2 and PAX 3 shares many of the same behaviors while the device is in use, while charging and indicating battery, and for setting temperature. Functionalities for PAX 2 and PAX 3 are the same unless otherwise noted.
- While checking the battery: The LED indicator will turn white while checking battery life. Each petal corresponds to the battery life in 25 percent increments. Four illuminated petals indicates 75% to 100% battery, for example.
- Low battery (PAX 2): The LED indicator will blink red three times, and then the device will shut off.
- Low battery (PAX 3): The upper-left petal will blink red three times.
While charging: The LED indicator will pulse white while charging.
- When changing the temperature on the device:
- One green petal – 360°F (180°C)
- Two yellow petals – 380°F (193°C)
- Three orange petals – 400°F (204°C)
- Four red petals – 420°F (215°C)
- When changing the temperature through the PAX Mobile app (PAX 3 only):
- The LEDs will blink to confirm the temperature selection.
- When changing the temperature on the device:
- In use:
- While heating: Purple pulsing petals indicate the device is heating.
- When the device is ready: The lights will change from purple to green.
- While drawing: The LED indicator light will pulse green.
- Entering standby mode: All four petals will turn blue.
- Color themes (PAX 3 only):
- Colors for select functions can be changed through the PAX Mobile app. Colors can be changed for LED indicator behavior during startup, which is set to a white swirl by default, heating, set to a fast purple up-wave by default, regulating, set to a green plasma by default, and standby, set to a slow blue down-wave by default.
Reading your PAX Era’s indicator light
PAX’s pod system vape has similar LED functionalities to PAX 2 and PAX 3. While this vape operates differently from PAX 2 and PAX 3, familiar basic functionalities such as battery charging and temperature settings remain unchanged.
- While charging: Each petal will pulse white while charging. The light turns solid white and the next petal begins to pulse as the device charges. Four solid white LEDs indicates that the battery is fully charged.
- Battery level: The LED indicator will turn white. Each petal corresponds to the approximate battery life in 25 percent increments.
- Low battery: The petals will turn red and blink three times before powering down.
- One green petal – low (520°F, 270°C)
- Two yellow petals – medium-low (610°F, 320°C)
- Three orange petals – medium-high (700°F, 370°C)
- Four red petals – high (790°F, 420°C)
- Custom temperature via PAX Mobile: The temperature you select will be displayed on the LED indicator between the high default setting and the low default setting.
- Pod insertion:
- Inserting the pod: White LEDs sweep downward
- Removing the pod: Blue LEDs sweep upward
- In use:
- While taking a draw: The LED indicator will be white and dim; brightness will increase as you reach the end of your draw.
- Usage monitoring: The petals will cycle through green (one puff per lit petal), blue (two puffs per lit petal), and red (three puffs per lit petal) to indicate the number of puffs you’ve taken in a session. For example, six puffs are represented visually by two green petals, indicating one puff each, and two blue petals, indicating two puffs each.
- Reset session usage: The LED light will turn green and swirl counter-clockwise.
- Child lock: The LED indicator will turn red and make a counter-clockwise motion.
Getting the most out of your PAX portable vaporizer
Understanding your LED indicator is an important step as you master your portable vaporizer. With just a quick glance, you’ll know exactly what your vaporizer is doing or what it needs to operate at its best. For further reading, we’ve put together detailed how-to guides for the three models discussed here. Click on the guide that matches the device you have at home, and bookmark it so you can quickly access answers to all your PAX vaporizer questions!
PAX Lights: What Do They Mean? The indicator light on every PAX portable vaporizer model serves as a window into how your device functions. Those four little LED petals, arranged in the shape of