Oxford English and Spanish Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Spanish to English Translator
1 British informal, dated as exclamation A call for a truce, used especially by schoolchildren when playing.
- ‘Pax! No offence meant, honest old chum’
2 historical (in the Christian Church) the kissing by all the participants at a mass of a tablet depicting the Crucifixion or other sacred object; the kiss of peace.
Latin, literally ‘peace’.
Main meanings of pax in English
(chiefly in commercial use) a person or persons.
- ‘two pilots and four pax on board’
- ‘Located at Lobby level, it can accommodate 14 pax in Sit down Silver Service.’
- ‘Jacksonville to Oceana was a deadhead leg (no pax or cargo).’
- ‘The Super King Air 200 holds up to 10 pax.’
- ‘Saturday evening was dinner for 51 pax at Al Ponte.’
- ‘Located at the Mezzanine floor with shining marble flooring, the space can accommodate 300 pax in Theatre style.’
- ‘To make the evolution go quicker, once the borrowed helicopter left the deck, we pulled our helicopter out of the hangar and loaded the pax.’
- ‘As the code says, it will list the number of male, female and child pax on a given flight.’
- ‘By the time we planned for the return, took care of our pax, fueled and headed back, we were well into the afternoon.’
- ‘Those at Basement level can accommodate 40 pax each in Theatre style.’
1970s apparently an alteration of pass- (from passenger).What is the definition of pax? What is the meaning of pax? How do you use pax in a sentence? What are synonyms for pax?
How to Use a PAX 2: Instructions, Tips, Details & More
Read These PAX 2 Instructions Before Using Your Personal Vaporizer:
The PAX 2 personal vaporizer is beloved for its sleek style and smart construction. Thoughtfully designed for the discrete consumer, PAX 2 simply doesn’t look like a vaporizer, opting for a streamlined anodized aluminum body. Reduced odors and a remarkably small and light size allow for low-key consumption on the go.
Before breaking out your personal vaporizer, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of how to operate your device. This quick how-to guide takes new and experienced consumers alike through the vaporization experience from start to finish.
What’s in a PAX 2 Box?
PAX 2 includes everything needed to use your personal vaporizer right out of the box. These items include:
- The PAX 2 personal vaporization device
- Standard Oven Lid
- Elevated Mouthpiece
- Flat Mouthpiece
- Maintenance kit with pipe cleaners and wire brush
- USB charger and 2-foot charging cable
Start Using Your PAX 2 in These 5 Easy Steps
Get the most out of your personal vaporization experience. Follow these steps to get your PAX 2 up and running:
Step 1: Pack the Oven
Remove the magnetic oven lid, located at the bottom of PAX 2, by gently pushing on one side and lifting it off. Finely grind your dry herb material and place it into the oven, which holds approximately .35 grams. Pack the oven firmly. If you wish to fill the oven with less material, visit the PAX website to purchase a Half-pack Oven Lid, which shrinks the oven capacity by about 50 percent.
Note: The PAX 2 only works with dry herb materials. Use the PAX 3 complete kit if you want to use your personal vaporizer to consume concentrates and dry herb.
Step 2: Select a Mouthpiece
PAX 2 comes with two mouthpieces constructed of food-grade silicone: a flat mouthpiece and an elevated mouthpiece. You can use whichever mouthpiece you prefer. Simply pull up the mouthpiece to remove and push down to replace. You can also purchase replacement PAX 2 mouthpieces in bright colors.
Step 3: Turn On the Device
Tucked away underneath the mouthpiece is the PAX 2 power button. Simply press down quickly on the center of the mouthpiece to turn on your device. Please note that PAX 2 will enter standby mode after approximately 30 seconds, and the device will automatically shut off after three minutes of non-use.
Step 4: Select a Temperature
PAX 2 has four predetermined temperature settings: 360°F (180°C), 380°F (193°C), 400°F (204°C), and 420°F (215°C). It takes approximately 45 seconds for the device to reach 400°F from room temperature.
To adjust the temperature setting, place PAX 2 into temperature set mode by pressing and holding the button until the LED indicator responds. Continue to short-press the power button to cycle through the four temperature settings:
- One green petal – 360°F (180°C)
- Two yellow petals – 380°F (193°C)
- Three orange petals – 400°F (204°C)
- Four red petals – 420°F (215°C)
- Shake PAX 2 or long-press the power button to exit power mode.
Step 5: Draw
Place your lips around the mouthpiece and take a gentle “sip” from PAX 2. You can take longer and deeper draws as you get used to your dry herb vaporizer. PAX 2 begins to cool down once you are done drawing. This lip-sensing technology drops the temperature when you have not drawn from the personal vaporizer; this is to preserve your oven contents. The set temp immediately bounces back once the device returns to your lips.
How to Read the LED indicator
The LED light indicator on PAX 2 is made up of four petals in the shape of the PAX logo. This indicator communicates temperature settings, battery life, heating status, and more. Here’s a quick guide to understanding your LED indicator.
- While heating: The petals will pulse purple while heating and turn to green when the desired temperature is reached.
- While drawing: The petals will pulse green while the device is in use.
- While adjusting the temperature: The four temperature settings are represented by one green petal, two yellow petals, three orange petals, and four red petals.
- While in standby mode: All four petals will turn blue.
- While checking the battery: The petals will turn white. Each petal corresponds to the estimated battery life, in 25-percent increments.
- While charging: The LED indicator petals will pulse white as PAX 2 charges.
How to Charge the PAX 2
The PAX 2 battery lasts for up to 6 to 8 sessions per charge, depending on many factors. To recharge your PAX 2, connect the included USB charging cable to a USB power source. The magnetic cradle holds the device while charging. The lights will turn a solid white when PAX 2 is charged. The device reaches full battery in 2+ hours.
Shake the device to check the battery level. Consult the LED petals to determine the remaining battery life.
- One white petal – under 25%
- Two white petals – 25% – 50%
- Three white petals – 50% – 75%
- Four white petals – 75% – 100%
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean your PAX 2 every few sessions for the best vaporization experience.
Keeping your PAX clean is easy. Remove the mouthpiece and oven lid, then dip a pipe cleaner in isopropyl alcohol and insert it into the vapor pathway. To clean, floss the pipe cleaner back and forth inside the device. The pipe cleaner will pop out the internal oven screen. We recommend cleaning the screen by placing it in a cup of isopropyl alcohol. The mouthpiece could be cleaned in the same way.
Never clean the oven lid in alcohol. If you’d like to clean the inside of the oven or sides of the mouthpiece, we suggest using a Q-tip. Carefully reinsert the screen so it is slightly bowed in the bottom of the oven, and press down gently to secure. Before you replace the screen and mouthpiece, make sure they’re completely dry. We recommend cleaning the device every few uses to optimize the experience.
Learn More About Your PAX 2
If you’re looking to learn more about your device, this Pax 2 review article has an in-depth how-to guide for all its personal vaporizers. For more information, visit the PAX 2 guide to read through the FAQ, watch an easy-to-follow video, view device specifications and materials, and much more. With this information in hand, you’ll continue to enjoy your PAX 2 for many sessions to come.How to Use a PAX 2: Instructions, Tips, Details & More Read These PAX 2 Instructions Before Using Your Personal Vaporizer: The PAX 2 personal vaporizer is beloved for its sleek style and ]]>