NATIV ACDC 3:1 CBD PAX Era Pod (2019 Review)
Nugg Team | January 3, 2019 | Leave a Comment
ACDC (not the band AC/DC my mom didn’t want me to listen to) is a CBD-rich strain known for its extremely low THC content, around, 22:1 CBD:THC . Because of this, it’s ideal for almost anyone, anytime of day, and highly effective.
It can help with chronic pain, mood disorders, anxiety, muscle tension, spasms and more. That’s just what I need. (International clinical trials show promise reducing malignant cancer cells.)
I spent much of the day stuck in traffic, my body a tight ball of stress. When I got home, my stomach promptly went into spasm, causing twisting pain. I popped the 3:1 NATIV ACDC pod into my PAX Era battery and took three puffs.
Will this pod and I get along like, well, peas in a pod and ease my pain?
In this NATIV ACDC PAX Era Pod review, you’ll learn about its:
[Click any of the section titles below to jump there]
Packaging, Labeling & Product Design
The ACDC PAX Era box’s design is about the same as all of the other PAX pods I’ve come across: minimal white cardboard like you’d find at the Apple Store.
The box itself has a graphic indicating the best time of day to use, the cannabinoid content: 49.29% CBD+CBDa, 17.23% total THC, 0.780% terpenes plus lab tests for micro-biologicals, pesticides, and residual solvents .
Unfortunately, there’s no way to verify these results. I’d also like to see full cannabinoid and major terpene profiles and know what the other 32.7% of this oil consists of.
When I opened the box, I expected to see a card with info on the recommended vape temperature like the last NATIV pod I tried, but no luck.
The pod comes in a canister with a sleek and clever design, sporting a hard-plastic see-through window and a child-proof twist top that could fit on a prescription pill bottle. I initially had trouble opening it! Wait, if I struggled to open a child-safe twist top, does that make my ex right?
And unlike the my last NATIV pod, this one had a sticker on the top and bottom of the cardboard slipcase to keep anyone from tampering with it .
While I like this clean, muted style, it’s not nearly as eye-catching as many other brands that utilize PAX pods. The pod itself is clearly labeled so I won’t risk of mixing up this pod with the rest of my of mood-altering characters.
Quality, Ease of Use
The oil is clear and almost colorless, with a slight buttery tint (thankfully without a buttery taste like California chardonnay). While it has a rich, sunny color, the oil was thinner than I like.
As the label says, there’s only 0.780% terpenes, so the taste is subtle. It offered a pleasant sour flavor that I expect from the ACDC strain, which was more delectable than NATIV’s OG Rosin pod (also reviewed).
However, the flavor does have some inert taste that I can’t quite put my finger on, something you don’t expect in a Pax Era Pod. Still, the overall flavor isn’t bad, but not as tasty as a CBD cartridge like the Marley Natural Red .
This lack of thickness coupled with the slightly vague flavor makes me wonder if some filler was added.
Potency, Effectiveness & Affordability
Set at the suggested 640°F (which I had to find on their site) and this pod provides a thick, smooth and sizeable vapor cloud I like. Surprising considering the other last NATIV pod I tried didn’t produce nearly as much at its suggested temp. Luckily, you can always crank up or reduce the temperature to your preference.
After three hits I started calming down, racing heart settling. Finally some relief. This lasted for about a half hour until I started to puff again. They may not be as long-lasting as other CBD vapes (like Select’s Ringo’s Gift ), but that may be because of the equal ratio (I usually prefer a 1:1.)
Expect a slight head-change as a result of the mild levels of THC in this vape, but expect it to be chill . A great choice if you’re new to cannabis and want to ease into it.
For around $56 , the price is on par with many other CBD vape oils; the fact that it’s a PAX Era-compatible pod makes it an even greater value! However, seeing that 32.7% of the oil is unaccounted for makes me uneasy.
Nugg Score: How the Nugg Team Rates This Product
- Minimal packaging with a sleek inside canister.
- Child-safe twist top that keeps product secure.
- Sticker on top and bottom to prevent tampering.
- Stylish but muted style; not nearly as eye-catching as other brands that utilize PAX pods.
- Minimal labeling on exterior box.
- Lists CBD, THC and terpene percentages on the back.
- Graphic indicates the best time of day to use.
- States that this product has passed tests, but there’s no way to verify.
- I would have liked to see the full cannabinoid profile and major terpenes.
Cartridge Quality: 4.5/5
- Oil is contained in food-grade plastic with a dual-wick and dual-airflow.
- Leak resistant.
- A true marvel of modern technology.
- Only 0.780% terps, so taste is subtle.
- A pleasant sour taste that I expect from the ACDC strain, but not as tasty as other vapes I’ve tried.
- I definitely got more flavor from this ACDC pod than from NATIV’s OG pod.
- Contains some inert taste that I can’t pinpoint — could be a filler of sorts.
Vapor Quality: 5/5
- Had to find the suggested temperature online (640 degrees).
- Pod provides a thick, smooth vapor.
- Exactly the size of cloud I like to pull from a vape (more than the last time I tried a NATIV pod).
Oil Quality: 3.5/5
- Clear, nearly colorless with a slight yellow tint.
- Too thin for a high rating; makes me wonder about added filler.
- After three puffs, my body felt calm and my racing heart began to settle.
- Effects lasted 25 minutes; not as long as other CBD-rich vapes on the market.
- Expect a slight head-change, but a chill experience overall.
Ease of Use: 3.5/5
- If you have the proper battery, it’s just plug ‘n play.
- PAX Era battery tech allows you to control precise heat settings down to a single degree.
- If you don’t have the PAX Era battery, your oil is as good as wasted.
- These PAX pods will always provide the same results, and so will NATIV’s oil inside.
- A trusted brand to provide consistent relief.
- For $56, the price is on par with many other CBD vape cartridges on the market.
- Since it’s in a PAX Pod, this NATIV ACDC is an even greater value!
- The unknown oil kept me from giving it a higher score.
Overall Rating: 4.05
The NATIV ACDC pod helped me survive a high-angst day. Its efficacy and high-quality, leak resistant design make them more unique than most, especially with the app allowing you to control the heat to a single degree.
This tasty PAX Era 3:1 ACDC vape greatly eased my stress related symptoms. I only wish I knew what the over 30% of unknown oil consisted of. The cost is comparable to other PAX pods – just remember to get the PAX Era battery. Otherwise, like trickle-down economics and warm Coca-Cola, this pod won’t do anything for you!
With CBD and PAX so popular, we've reviewed NATIV's ACDC PAX Era pod. How does this CBD oil compare to other pods and carts? Find out here.