Combining the Passeo-18 Lux Drug-Coated Balloon and the Pulsar-18 Bare Metal Stent: 12- and 24-Month Outcomes of the BIOLUX 4EVER Investigator-Initiated Trial.
Please login to bookmark
To report the outcomes after treating stenotic or occluded femoropopliteal lesions with a drug-coated balloon (DCB) followed by the implantation of a thin-strut self-expanding bare metal stent in the BIOLUX 4EVER trial (ClinicalTrials.gov identifier NCT02211664).The prospective, multicenter, physician-initiated BIOLUX 4-EVER trial was conducted at 5 centers in Belgium and enrolled 120 patients (mean age 70.9±10.5 years; 79 men) with symptomatic stenotic or occluded de novo femoropopliteal lesions. A fifth of the patients had diabetes mellitus and nearly half had previous peripheral artery interventions. The lesions were a mean 83.3±49.5 mm long with a mean reference vessel diameter of 5.26±0.59 mm. Lesions were treated with a Passeo-18 Lux DCB followed by the implantation of a Pulsar-18 bare metal stent. Follow-up visits were conducted at 1, 6, 12, and 24 months postprocedure; the main outcome was primary patency at 12 months.Technical success was obtained in all patients. Primary patency was observed in 89.9% of patients (95% CI 84.0% to 95.8%) at 12 months and in 83.5% at 24 months (95% CI 89.9% to 97.3%), and freedom from target lesion revascularization was 93.6% (95% CI 89.9% to 97.3%) and 86.1% (95% CI 79.9% to 92.3%), respectively. Ten patients died throughout the course of the trial (90.7% survival at 24 months), all of noncardiovascular causes. The ankle-brachial index improved from 0.68±0.09 at baseline to 0.93±0.11 and 0.93±0.12 at 12- and 24-month follow-up visits (p –>
Most Bookmarked Articles
- Suicide risk and prevention during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Danger in danger: Interpersonal violence during COVID-19 quarantine.
- Cardiovascular Health and Outcomes in Cancer Patients Receiving Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors.
- Outcomes of Patients With Coronary Arterial Bifurcation Narrowings Undergoing Provisional 1-Stent Treatment (from the BIONICS Trial).
- Health system, public health, and economic implications of managing COVID-19 from a cardiovascular perspective.
- Using Healthcare Databases to Replicate Trial Findings for Supplemental Indications: Adalimumab in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis.
- Earliest cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) identified in solid organ transplant recipients in the United States.
- Protecting vulnerable patients with inherited anaemias from unnecessary death during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Effect of Operational Stressors on Emergency Department Clinician Scheduling and Patient Throughput.
- Associations Between Crowding and Ten-Day Mortality Among Patients Allocated Lower Triage Acuity Levels Without Need of Acute Hospital Care on Departure From the Emergency Department.
- Validity of the Fitzpatrick Skin Phototype Classification in Ecuador.
- The Effect of Chitosan in Wound Healing: A Systematic Review.
- Marjolin Ulcer: A Comprehensive Review.
- Evaluation of Longitudinal and Tubular Compression Treatment for Lower Limb Edema.
- Coping with Psoriasis or Hidradenitis Suppurativa: A Qualitative Study.
- Scarring at Donor Sites after Split-Thickness Skin Graft: A Prospective, Longitudinal, Randomized Trial.
- Conservative Management of Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome-Related Skin Necrosis: A Case Report.
- Comparison of Cost and Efficacy of Trufill® vs Histoacryl® n-Butyl Cyanoacrylate for Translumbar Type 2 Endoleak Embolization.
- Risk factors for mortality in lung transplant recipients aged ≥65 years: A retrospective cohort study of 5,815 patients in the scientific registry of transplant recipients.
- A Comparative Prospective Observational Study on the Use of Direct Oral Anticoagulants after Cardiac Surgery for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation.
- An Experimental Study of the Effects of IABP on Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Flow Waveform.
- Early and Middle-Term Results and Anticoagulation Strategy after Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion Using an Epicardial Clip Device.
- Prognostic Factors and Long-Term Results in Patients Who Underwent Videothoracoscopic Bronchogenic Cyst Excision.
- Pneumothorax in patients with coronavirus disease 2019 pneumonia with invasive mechanical ventilation.
- Midterm varicose vein recurrence rates after endovenous laser ablation: comparison of radial fibre and bare fibre tips.
- Inferior outcomes following cardiac surgery in patients with a functioning renal allograft.
- Does metformin improve the efficacy of standard epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitor treatment for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer?
- Comparative analysis of the results of video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy simulation using the three-dimensional-printed Biotexture wet-lung model and surgeons’ experience.
- Right ventricular outflow tract obstruction caused by sinus of Valsalva aneurysm.
- Fine needle aspiration of salivary gland carcinomas with high-grade transformation: A multi-institutional study of 22 cases and review of the literature.
Copyright ClinOwl Ltd 2020 | All Rights Reserved
To report the outcomes after treating stenotic or occluded femoropopliteal lesions with a drug-coated balloon (DCB) followed by the implantation of a