Pulse water pipe
The cookie settings on this website are set to ‘allow all cookies’ to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site.
- Contact Us
- Tubes & Rigs
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest updates on new products and upcoming sales
Pulse water pipe The cookie settings on this website are set to ‘allow all cookies’ to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site. Navigate
Plastic Pipe Locators
9 Ways to Locate Plastic Pipe:
- Ground Penetrating Radar, GPR: Radiodetection RD1100 &RD1500
- Mechanical pulsing valve: Radiodetection Transonde
- Electronically controlled water pulse generator: Sewerin Stopper
- Radiodetection Electronic Transonde
- Pipe noise generator: Sewerin Knocker
- Locatable rodder that inserts into live water service pipes to accurately locate depth and position
- Live tap into water main pipes and insert locatable rodder that to accurately locate depth and position up to 1000 feet: Jameson Duct Hunter Water main locator
- Sonic plastic pipe locator: Sensit APL
- Subsurface AML Pro and AMO+
Ground Penetrating Radar, GPR
Radiodetection RD1100 GPR & RD1500 Summary
- High resolution touch screen displays depth & position by touching at any point and quick draw arrows to highlight features
- Wi-Fi & USB port for data export of scan images (jpg), System information (pdf), GPS data (kmz)
- GPS: Internal or External
- Ultra wide band 250 MHz sensor with low (deep), medium and high frequency (higher resolution) selection
- Easy marker arrows and flags
- GPS view, map view, profile view
RD1500 Ground Penetrating Radar Software Summary
- View grids and line sets with combinations of color, gain, and filter settings
- Save, copy, past, delete, plot, merge lines
- GPS correction for improved accuracy
- Attach any file type including photos, videos, maps, voice recordings, word documents, .
- 2D & 3D data Export
- SliceView (profile)
- Convert depth data to elevation data
- Analyze data by adding lines, points, boxes and annotations
Plastic Pipe Locator
The transonde locates all clean water pipes including PVC, Plastic, AC without tracer wires by creating water pulses on the pipes.
The Radiodetection transondes locate PVC, plastic pipe locator valve that connects to the water supply pipes and creates 5 psi pulses higher than the pipe pressure. Then locate PVC pipe by listening with the RD547, Stethophon 04, A50, T10, Aquaphon A100 or A200, P50, P100. The P50 and P100 are designed specifically for listening to the pulses from the transonde.
Green: 2″ pipes, Red: > 6″ pipes
Radiodetection Electronic Transonde
Electronically controlled water valve opens and closes creating water pulses in the pipe causing noise in the pipe. Water Pulse Generator sends water pulses along the pipe which then can be located using the Stethophon, T10, A50, A150 or A200 leak detectors.
- Locates all pipe materials with clean water
- Locate non-metallic pipes up to 6.5 feet deep
- Find plastic pipe up to 2000 feet long
- Pipes can remain in service
- 30 psi to 115 psi pressure range
- Value priced
Stopper PVC Pipe Locator
The “Sewerin Stopper” connects to hydrants to located plastic, PVC and non-metallic water pipes. In good conditions the thumper locates plastic pipes over 1000 feet in each direction. Deeper pipes and softer soils reduce the maximum distance. Both the frequency and intensity of the pressure pulse are controllable.
Video of Sewerin Thumper plastic pipe locator in operation
The Combiphon Generator powers and controls both the Knocker and Stopper PVC pipe locators.
Knocker Plastic Pipe Locator
The Knocker connects to the outside of plastic PVC (non-metallic) pipes and taps on the plastic pipe, sending sound pulses down the pipes. The Knocker plastic pipe locator controls both the frequency and intensity of sound pulses. Then you find the PVC pipe location with the Stethophon 04, T10, A50 or A200, or M300D or other acoustic leak detector. This works on all common pipe materials and doesn’t require a connect the water flow. For longer distances, the Sewerin Stopper generated sounds travel much farther. Connecting is quick and easy.
Jameson Plastic Pipe Locator
Locate plastic water pipes up to 300 feet and up to 100 psi by inserting the locator traceable rodder using a sealed stuffing box into plastic water pipes for accurate location and depth measurements. The stuffing box connects to the yoke which holds the meter using an adapter.
Available in 100′, 150′, 200′, 250′, 300′ kits with 3/16″ diameter pushrods.
Jameson Plastic Water Main Locator and Pipe Inspection Insertion Tool
Locate non-metal water pipes and plastic water mains up to 1200 feet in each direction without a tracer wire. Seals with live water pipes up to 100 psi. Accurately locate the position and depth of plastic (C-900) and steel pipes with Radiodetection RD7100 Underground Locators, RD8100 Pipe Locator, RD5100S, RD5100H2O or RD5100H20+. It’s like inserting a tracer wire into an existing pipe in both directions.
Insert pipe inspection cameras with up to 1 3/8″ diameter camera heads into live water mains and direct the camera head in either direection
SENSIT Ulta-Trac APL Plastic Pipe Locator
The Ultratrac APL transmits 500 hz or 900hz sound pulses of into the ground and analyses the reflections showing differences in the density of the soil and objects underneath. Because the APL (Acoustic Pipe Locator) sends sound pulses instead of radio waves like GPR, the Ultra-Trac works in many soil types including high conductivity clay soils. High conductivity soils absorb alot of signal from GPR limiting the depth of GPR scans.
- No connection to pipe needed
- Works in high conductivity soils like clay that limit ground penetrating radar
- A color map profile view shows subsurface objects
- Easy guided step by step operation
- Finds plastic pipe water services, sewer laterals, septic tanks, gas pipes, all pipe types and materials
- 25 hour rechargeable battery
- Sends and receives sound waves to determine pipe locations
- Pipe location depths:
- 1/2″ pipes at 12″ to 30″
- 2″ pipes at 12″ to 48″
- 4″ pipes at 12″ to 96″
Subsurface AML Pro and AML+ Plastic Pipe Locator
Finds plastic pipes and pther buried objects with staight edges by sensing the difference in density using high frequency radio waves.
- No connection to the pipe needed
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Backlit display
- Digital leveling,
- Digital targeting
- 3 year warranty
Locate plastic PVC and non-metalic pipes 8 ways without tracer wires: GPR, ground penetrating radar | Water pulses | Pipe noises | Ultratrac APL (Acoustic Pipe Locator) Check them out now.