Cold milling machines
Efficient milling and granulating of road pavements
Asphalt and concrete pavements can be cost-effectively removed with cold milling machines. The range of applications extends from the complete removal of asphalt and concrete to the layer-by-layer removal and levelling of asphalt and concrete surfaces. With WIRTGEN cold milling machines, it is possible to machine working widths from 1 ft 2 in up to 14 ft 5 in and working depths up to 1 ft 2 in in a single pass. In addition, a large number of different milling drums, such as ECO cutters or fine milling drums, ensure that machines can be used with a high degree of flexibility.
Small milling machines
Small milling machines are equipped with a wheeled chassis and a milling drum positioned at the rear. The granulated RAP which is broken up by the rotating milling drum is transferred to a slewing and height-adjustable discharge conveyor and immediately loaded onto waiting transport vehicles. The compact rear loaders are highly maneuverable and their rear right wheel can be swiveled in when milling flush to the edges of obstacles. A variety of different milling drums are available, enabling the small milling machines to cover a wide range of applications extending from partial pavement rehabilitations and tie-in milling to the rehabilitation of industrial floors.
Cold milling machines | Efficient milling and granulating of road pavements
We have a high speed, high capacity grinder for big acreage and large volume removal projects. And smaller grinders for areas of less square footage or more delicate situations.
We recycle all of the asphalt that we remove.
Grinding or milling asphalt is the most modern method of removing asphalt or concrete.В There are many advantages to this removal method.
- 100% recycled – В The millings are taken to the asphalt plant to be used to create new asphalt.
- Zero environmental damage – The removal is 100% contained, there is no slurry like with sawcutting that can enter the creeks through the catch basin system.
- Zero structural damage – Grinding does not fracture the edge of the remaining asphalt like Jack hammering does. Grinding provides a clean solid edge.
- Less tenant impact – Grinding is 4 times faster than sawcutting or jackhammering which means we can complete the repairs much faster.
- Less expensive – Because of the speed of removal, the re-usability of the bi-product we can pass tremendous savings on to our clients.
We are equipped to remove everything from simple patches to large sections of highways with the most modern equipment and trained professionals available in the industry.
Road Grinding: We have a high speed, high capacity grinder for big acreage and large volume removal projects. And smaller grinders for areas of less square footage or more delicate situations.