Yocan Evolve Plus Review – Inexpensive and Awesome
Yocan is an established vape manufacturer from China, and the Evolve Plus is an upgraded successor to the original Evolve vape pen.
The main difference between these models is that the Plus model heats up almost instantly. More precisely it heats up in less than 3 seconds.
The Evolve Plus is a relatively simple wax concentrate vaporizer, but the results it brings are truly exceptional considering the very affordable price.
What’s in the Yocan Evolve Plus box?
The Evolve Plus comes in a nicely designed box, and has all the essentials you’ll ever need.
Inside the box you’ll find:
- Wax Dabbing Tool
- 1100mAh Battery
- Micro-USB Charger
- Dual Quartz Wax Atomizer
- Backup Dual Quartz Coil
- Yocan Evolve Plus Pen
Yocan Evolve Plus tech specs 7/10
This concentrate vape pen is powered by a 1100mAh battery, and this type of battery is significantly larger compared to other vape pens I’ve encountered, which usually have a 650mAh one.
The bulky battery allows you to have extended sessions, and if you moderately use the Evolve Plus, the battery will last for a couple of days.
This vape pen has a micro-USB jack, and it takes 4 or 5 hours for the pen to charge fully.
The Evolve Plus is made only for concentrates – primarily wax. It doesn’t have an LED-screen, but using it is very simple, so a screen isn’t really something you’ll need, at least in my opinion.
The atomizer cap is excellent, as it holds and evens out the temperature emitted by the coils.
Even though there’s no built-in temperature control, there is a nifty trick that allows you to “fine-tune” the temperature of your device. It involves playing with the power-button a bit.
I’ll elaborate on this a bit later in the review.
Yocan Evolve Plus Vapor quality 7/10
Yocan Evolve Plus has a pretty decent vapor quality, thanks to its dual-quartz atomizer.
This type of atomizer setup is implemented on a lot of wax pens, and in order to really maximize the quality of the flavor, “fine tuning” of the coils should be used.
If you just continue to hold the “heat” button, the temperature will get too high and the vapor will become too harsh, especially towards the end of the session.
The thickness of the vapor is pretty solid for this price, but it’s definitely not breathtaking.
Yocan Evolve Plus Design 7/10
This vape pen is somewhat thicker because of the upgraded battery, so it’s probably better to refer to it as a vape-marker, rather than just a vape-pen. Of course it still easily fits in any pocket or a bag.
The design isn’t really groundbreaking or jaw-dropping, but it’s fairly decent for such an affordable device.
This unit also has a handy container which is located on the opposite side from the mouthpiece. The compartment is coated with silicone, which is perfect for carrying wax.
The Evolve Plus is a relatively heavy and sturdy-looking device, so it feels like it can withstand some wear and tear, which can easily come in handy because dropping stuff definitely happens on potent concentrates.
As far as discreteness goes, it’s pretty inconspicuous and lowkey, so you don’t have to be worried that someone figured out what you’re puffing on from a mile away.
Yocan Cerum Atomizer Review
How to use the Yocan Evolve Plus
To start it up, press the button 5 times in a row. Once it’s turned on, the light around the button will indicate that it’s ready for use.
Before you place any wax inside the ceramic chamber, you should first prime the coils by “igniting them” a few times, which is achieved by just holding the power button.
Loading the chamber is also a walk in the park, and it can hold approximately 1 gram of concentrate, which is really a lot.
Of course we don’t recommend placing the entire gram of wax inside it, because of the powerful effects of this cannabis concentrate (it has a lot of THC).
Just start low, for instance 0.1 or 0.2 grams, and up the dose if you want to get higher.
Once you’ve packed the chamber, you can use the Yocan in two ways. First, you can hold the button without pause which in my opinion raises the temperature too much, which results with a vapor that isn’t too tasty, especially at the end of the session.
If you’re continually holding the power button, the coils will automatically turn off after 15 seconds, to preserve battery life and to stop the temperature from getting too high.
In order to avoid the temperature getting too high, press the button for a few seconds while you’re taking a toke, and then release it for a few seconds (also while inhaling).
Perform this technique during your session to maintain the heat at an optimum, and it will truly work wonders for the taste of the vapor.
Once you’re finished with vaping, turn the device off by pressing the button 5 times in a row, exactly the same like when you’re turning it on.
Concentrates demand frequent cleaning because of their semi-liquid gooey texture, and Yocan Evolve Plus is no exception. Clean your device regularly (for instance after every other use), and this will significantly prolong its life.
Yocan also found a great way to reduce splatter and flooding, and this is achieved by the square edges inside the chamber, as the refuse moves in that direction, avoiding the coils. Use cotton swabs soaked in alcohol to remove the excess debris.
This vaporizer is great for first time users as it’s extremely user-friendly, but also because it’s very affordable.
Yocan Evolve Plus Standout features
The best feature on the Yocan Evolve Plus is the battery, because it’s truly superior compared to most vaporizers in this price range.
I think that this particular feature is a great reason to buy this device but only if you’re planning to frequently use it while you’re out and about, because the extended battery life doesn’t really have a purpose if you’re only going to vape in the comfort of your condo.
Get the complete scoop about the excellent upgraded version of the Evolve model. This review lists out all you need to know about Yocan Evolve Plus.
Yocan Evolve Plus Review:
The Yocan Evolve Plus is a powerful vape, perfect for those in the market for something inexpensive, because its quality doesn’t suffer due to the affordable price point. It is fast, efficient, and incredibly easy to maintain with a number of additional features that make it a truly portable vape. Read on for the full review of Yocan Evolve Plus, a pen vaporizer for wax.
- Built-in silicone jar for discreet storage
- Instant heating time
- Dual quartz atomizer
- Long lasting battery
- Very low price
- One temperature setting
- Undetermined warranty time period
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
In-Depth of Yocan Evolve Plus
– Price – It sells at an incredibly low, low price of $65. It is very well-made and performs way out of its price range!
– Vapor Quality – Due to its dual quartz atomizer, it produces evenly heated material and amazing flavor, with vapor that is dense and rich. With the option of purchasing an additional ceramic donut heating coil, you are able to get a unique vaping experience no matter which atomizer you use.
– Guarantee – There is a manufacturer’s guarantee on the Yocan Evolve Plus, but it is undetermined how long this satisfaction guarantee is in effect.
– Prep Time – With zero prep time, the Yocan Evolve Plus is ready in an instant. Turn it on, and this cheap wax vaporizer pen is ready to go right away.
– Portability – This is perhaps one of the most portable vaporizers due to its built-in silicone jar! This means that instead of having to tote around a bulky silicone container of your own that is separate from the unit, you can store your wax concentrate in the actual vaporizer itself. This jar is located at the bottom near the battery. It also comes with a functional coil cap that prevents leaks and messes.
– Ease of Use – It fits perfectly in your hand and is both easy to load and easy to clean. The coil cap mentioned before also serves as a way to stop the transfer of heat from the element to your mouth, making for a more pleasant experience.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – The Yocan Evolve Plus features an incredibly large dual quartz coil atomizer. This atomizer delivers top notch flavor and heating abilities. You also have the option of purchasing a ceramic donut coil to decide how you want to vape.
– Power Supply – This portable vaporizer pen is much longer lasting than most, with a 1100mAh battery and 15-second shut off time that is both a safety feature and a way to preserve the battery’s life.
Overall, this is a nifty little vaporizer for wax is highly portable and allows you to take your materials with you on the go with great ease. You can use it during your travels for an extended period with its long-lasting battery, and never once have to worry about its flavor or vapor production, thanks to the option of two different coils, a dual quartz or ceramic donut. It is incredibly cost effective and ergonomic, making this a wax vape you simply cannot pass up.
Yocan Evolve Plus vape for wax has instant heating time with dual quartz atomizer & built-in silicone jar for storage. But is 1 temperature setting a factor?